Sam Kidd, one of the founders of Teamwork.com, gives us insights into what marketing activities work the best for a SaaS business in this episode of the Digital Age podcast.
I think we can learn a lot by talking to those who are doing things successfully, and when it comes to having a quality service complemented by a clever marketing approach, there is no company that I see doing it better than Teamwork.com. In this episode you will hear about some of the following:
- What teamwork.com is and how it got started as a Software as a Service business (Saas)
- Sam discusses what he thinks the most important aspects are to focus on to get traction in the early days of a business, whether that is the product, the service, or the marketing
- Hear what online marketing activities are working the best for teamwork.com right now, between facebook advertising, remarketing and content marketing/blogging
- Teamwork.com has recently put a lot of emphasis on offline marketing activities such as sponsoring events and creating merchandise. Find out how well this is working for their Saas business
- Find out why teamwork.com were happy to pay over $500,000 for their .com domain name very recently, and hear their reasoning behind the purchase decision
Find out more about teamwork.com and their awesome project management software
Asana is the free project management software I mention in the episode
Evernote is the other free software I mentioned as using as a crude project management tool in the early days
If you have any questions for Sam Kidd or myself about this episode, let me know in the comments below.